Archive for November, 2011
Wednesday, November 30th, 2011
You have performed your duties for many years in an entry-level job, you think that you have enough experience and it is time to move up and apply for a mid level job. It is good, but you must keep in mind that experience is not the only way to show employers that you are most suitable candidate for the job. Employers are not only in search of someone with good experience but leadership qualities and proven effectiveness is also important for them. So it matters a lot that how you advertise and even sell your skills in these circumstances that may help you to move forward from an entry level career. It is quite easy. Just assess how you can improve your resume specifications to your practical area. Following is a summary of strengths that you should follow.
Write in sentence that how your existence effects and improve work. Pick at least three to four unique values and write shortly how those values are relevant to you.
Mention some goals with some defined skills to show your efficiency with your assigned tasks. Give facts and figures to connect your strengths with achievements to define yourself a golden person. If your job mainly works with soft skills, you have to be creative in presenting your skills.
Make a list of your duties, employers and dates of employment. Keep your education details in last of your resume. Mention it just before your references. Employers usually take interest to know whether you can get the job or not. They have less interest in what you have studied in your college. Keeping your strong points in the start will create the interest of a potential employer reading on.
Tailor your cover letter especially according to the position and organization, you are applying for. Thoroughly read the company’s website, explore its values and demands by the customers and demands from the company. Also add those things in your cover letter that highlights your capabilities to compete with needs of customers and the organization.
Staying positive is a great way to success. You can look at market as an opportunity for you to recreate yourself that would make you to stand out. Apart from where you stand in your career, it is better to move horizontally to a related field or just totally starting over another time, try to imagine the offered opportunity.
What to highlight in your Resume?
- Highlight your basic skills, accomplishments and responsibilities
- Tailor your resume according to your job search
- Make format of your resume attractive and reader-friendly
- Emphasize on your work not on your qualification
While tailoring your resume, keep in mind that it is not your personal statement; it is your business objective.
So try to make it a branded statement, That is “who are you and what you can do for their business”.
Thursday, November 24th, 2011
A Network Engineer is responsible for supervising and designing the LAN and WAN networks within an organization. He is also responsible to choose the software and hardware for the use of organization and introducing new equipment and systems for an organization. The Network Engineer is also responsible to ensure the maintenance and keep a backup of all valuable data that is updated on existing systems.
Redesigning analysis and upkeeping of network to continue with altering requirements of organization, is also the responsibility of a Network engineer. Required skill sets of network engineers are almost similar to Network Administrators but network engineers work on higher levels. At this level, the expert in IT also needs to fine tune communication and interpersonal abilities as well. Responsibilities may include:
- Implementation and possible design of remote and local systems
- Execution and potential design of joint networks
- Expansion and supervising of network VPN or dial-up Connection
- Analyzing commercial client-server environments and network applications
Private networking and wireless technology have powered network engineers to turn out to be very flexible in their responsibilities and positions. As the effectiveness and speed of networks goes on to impact a company’s base line, the responsibilities of this role go further to become more important to organizations across the world.
Opportunities of advancement:
Candidates with soft skills and strong communication are usually preferred for the position. The individual with these skills are moved from Network Engineer into management positions.
Various Positions or Titles:
Senior Systems Administrator, WAN Administrator, Network Architect, Infrastructure Engineer, Network Analyst and Network Designer are the titles for network engineers.
Certifications and training is necessary for network engineers because companies prefer Cisco technologies for their networking needs. Novell and Microsoft certificates are common in the marketplace. A bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, computer science or a related field with at least an experience of 5 years is required to become
a Network Engineer. The interested candidates, who wish to shape their career as a Network Engineer, need a strong background in Windows, Cisco and Novell. The background in network security will add potential opportunities for the candidate. Routing and layered communication protocols, flow control and bridging/switching are also areas that will require some information.
There are various certifications that can help a Network engineer to strengthen his career.
These certifications include:
• A+ 2003
• LPIC2 Linux Junior Level
• LCPI2 Linux Intermediate Level
• Master CIW i-Accelerate
• Master CIW Administrator
• MCSA 2000
• MCSE 2000
• MCSA 2003
• MCSE 2003
• NetWare 6 CNE
• NetWare 5 CNE
• RHCT SCE
• Solaris 9 SCNA
• Solaris 8 SCNA
• Solaris 9 Security
Wednesday, November 16th, 2011
Roles of an Office Manager
Office manager has a wide and diverse job responsibilities. Exact roles and responsibilities of an Office Manager differ from company to company, in smaller sized companies office managers also act as HR managers and have dual responsibilities. Office manager administrates and plans various business affairs and coordinates with employees working in office on different positions. He is a bridge between employees and employers. He keeps accurate information about the presence of all the staff associates and visitors. He is responsible to provide a quality service to the customers according to their level of satisfaction. He is also accountable to have a professional environment in the workplace. Hiring and firing of employees is also one of the important roles of an office manager. Office manager is also incharge and responsible of office building, paying office rent and utility bills. An office manager should also have a skill of problem solving. To conclude office manager should have a multi tasking skills and he should be a good leader.
Office Manager Job Responsibility
- Office manager is responsible for maintaining the efficient operations of office and keeping office environment in a professional manner.
- Office manager is responsible for Hiring and conducting interviews for jobs candidates.
- Office manager is also responsible for payrolls and recommending salary increaments.
- The office manager is responsible for the distribution of necessary incoming post or courier.
- Office manager is responsible to verify the accessibility and set status of each supplies of office.
- Office manager is liable to provide a support to clerical staff for keeping database of office plans.
- He is responsible to lessen each of the faults in reserves like scanner, fax and printer services.
- He is liable to oversee the meeting halls, organizing needs of conference.
Office Manager Job Requirements
In a company a manager plays a very important roles. A good manager needs the following key elements and skills.
- Good at taking decisions, accepting responsibilities and acting upon the taken decisions.
- Always ready to negotiate.
- Be self-controlled and self-motivated.
- Be able to depend on lesser.
- Keep good connections with others.
- Good to assign resources according to preferred concerns.
- Good to assess worker’s performance neutrally.
- Keeping the picture in view for which the problem had occurred.
- Reading the warning signals is also one of the responsibilities of the manager.
- A manager should have good ideas with good vision.
Office manager Must be attentive to keep a focus on the reasons of failure whether outside the organization and within the organization. To predict the causes of problems, a manger should have the aptitude of analyzing the problems of the past and applying that information to the present condition.
A good manager always looks at the way that can be adopted to develop business and takes different steps to make it competent.
Thursday, November 10th, 2011
For many organizations project management is an important part in their business and so the project manager does also have great importance and responsibilities. The project manager has to perform the general management, execution, completion, direction, implementation, and control of different projects related to the business. The project manager ensures the goals, proper company strategy and commitments in all projects with finest quality and reliability. They also supervise the production projects of the company.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Direct the planning and execution of the project.
- Increasing full-scale measurements for different projects.
- Describe the tasks of the projects as well as the necessity of reserves.
- Assembling and coordinating the staff during the whole session of project.
- Deal with the resource allowance of the project.
- Deal with the budget of the project.
- Directing the deliverables of the project along with the use of suitable tools.
- Planning and programming the project timelines.
- Providing support and direction to the team engaged in the scheme.
- Continually accounting and monitoring the project development.
- Guaranteeing the final product of the project and superiority of the work.
- Evaluation and Assessment of project outcomes.
- Overseeing of the problems, solutions and progress of the projects.
- Manage and apply the scheme changes and interferences for having project results.
Skills required for a Project Manager
The project manager holds a special position in an organization. His position is described by a high degree of confidence on organizations over which the executive has a limited or no managerial authority. The project manager has to face different situations like increased complexity of regulatory, project financing, environmental and political issues. All these issues need very special kinds of skills.
The project manager should be able enough to incorporate all ingredients of the project system and give a proper leadership to team members of the project. His or her efficiency will rely on human, conceptual and negotiating skills in addition to a lesser level on technical skills. He must be confident enough to communicate verbally and in writing. Good communication is considered one of the most required skills for a project manager. Visionaries lead the companies for change and give an opportunity to draw new boundaries. So an inspired visionary is the basic required skill for a project manager.
The project manager should also be a decision maker, enthusiastic, empathetic, and competent in his work. He should also have leadership skills with good behavior, team building and problem solving skills.
Study guide to become a Project Manager
The need for Project manager is increasing day by day with the increase of IT in our businesses and different organizations. According to estimation about 80% of the projects fail to meet their goals because of budget and sometimes for the reason of shortage of time.
You will have very little choice to have a certification for Project management. PMP (Project Management Professional) by PMI (Project Management Institute), Project+ by CompTIA. CompTIA Project+, SMP (Software Management Professional) are the recognized certifications not only in Pakistan but globally.
Thursday, November 3rd, 2011
Most of the working employees, especially in private sectors are “employees at will”. It means that they can be fired at any time without an obvious reason. There are several reasons that may cause your termination. It can happen at any time even without a reason. We are not trying to scare you off with this article, rather you can avoid these circumstances and do good at the job. Following are ways to get thrown off your job.
Most Frequently remain Absent from Office
Take your sick leaves when you are sick but taking too many in the busy schedule can work against you. If you remain absent in the company on a busy season, it reflects your work dedication. Repeatedly leaves on weekends are also one of the basic reasons of getting fired
Inability to actually do assigned job tasks
The employees tell a lie on their resume or during an interview, stating that they can do many different tasks, but remain unable to perform these duties on the job. They will surely be getting fired soon if they fail to quickly learn these tasks. However, some technical tasks are never possible to learn quickly. These shortfalls will expose the employee as incapable to perform their duties and their lie during the application process. The employee needs an orientation and a little help in earlier days. If you feel lack of guidance speak up in a professional manner and ask for proper guidance.
Lie on a resume
The candidates strengthen their resumes with the thought that once they get the job, the resume is no longer important. But they forget that their job duties are assigned according to their mentioned skills and certificates on the resume. If your resume is having wrong detailed notes or any verifiable certifications, means you are at the risk of being fired for fraud.
If anyone guides you to make a strong resume with wrong information, he is trying to get you into problem. If the employers get dissatisfied with any of your given information they can get you fired any time. Understand the truth that reference checking carries on after you are hired.
Not showing your talent
Boasting up is never appreciated but if you always keep silent, never show your achievements to your managers, and are not a familiar face to your employers, you are surely going to be ignored in every matter.
Working hard, being intelligent and staying late at work is not enough. It may also give an impression that you are not a team player. If you don’t share your ideas or speak up in meetings, you will be considered an uninterested person with no ideas instead the one who meets deadlines by late working.
Tuesday, November 1st, 2011
Accountants are responsible to see that businesses are well directed to remain commercial, by upholding the systematized and organized records of credits and debits, income statements, balance sheets and other applicable and relate able secretarial facts and figures that are essential records of any unit for better understanding of business.
The Accounting is a wide field, having different responsibilities according to the designations. The designation like account manager, chartered accountant and accounts supervisor all are included in accounts department. But the common job responsibilities include:
It is a difficult task to decide what certification is best suited to you in the field of Accounting. The days have passed when the only best option was to become a Chartered Accountant by getting a degree of M.com by a recognized university. Other than above certifications ACCA, and CIMA issued by the IMA are also the valuable certifications. All the certifications are designed to become an accountant but it is up to you to choose one of them according to your choice.
A special institute has been established in 1951named Institute of Cost & Management Accountants of Pakistan. For the regulation of the profession of Cost and Management Accounting, the institution was granted statutory status under the Cost and Management Accountants Act, 1966. The institute is known not only on national but also on international levels for its high standard testing and education.
ICMAP has certified over 5000 members, who hold senior positions in commerce, trade, industry and government in Pakistan and also on international levels.
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Arrange financial statements on a monthly basis and sometimes on daily basis.
- Prepare and put in order all the files and tax reports, essential company incomes at the local, federal and state levels.
- Support assessment activities
- Preparing all the records of profit and loss statements, monthly cost and closing accounting records.
- Accountable in compiling and in analyzing financial stuffs for better understanding of financial entries that is essential for broad ledger accounts.
- Review and Monitor accounting process for comprehensiveness, efficacy and accuracy.
- Analyze expenditures and revenues and give suitable suggestions and proposals in financial planning and other accounting fears.
- Resolve accounting problems by carrying out the essential inquiry and setting up a more well-organized auditing system.
- Explain accounting policies and billing invoices to vendors, staff and clients.
- Determine accounting inconsistencies.
- Maintain and develop financial data supports, manual filing system and computer software systems.
- Interrelate with external and internal auditors as well in completing audits.
- Completing other assigned duties.
Skills required for an accountant
- An accountant should be confident enough to converse on procedural information. He must be able to converse evidently at all levels of the business.
- He must be a good team player to work well with others to deliver and get information that makes their job easy.
- He should have the quality of interacting confidently with others. It is very important for accountant to build a good relationship with people. It will help to carry out your role.
- He should be able to meet confronts so it is significant to find a way to overcome problems.
- To work as accountancy is not an easy work, so he should be Committed and motivated to his work.
- Written and statistical reports are essential in accounts. It is a skill that helps to develop a career.
- A minor mistake of even “0” in accounts can lead to misinterpretation, so he should be able to pay attention to small details.
- An accountant has to work on several projects at one time so he should be able to manage the time according to the different preferences.
- Accountant must behave as a professional with all ethics. His work performance, behavior in the work place and way of handling the secret information all are included in it.
Typical examples of Sales Managers jobs on Bayrozgar.com are listed below:
Accounts Officer Job in Faisalabad
Accountant (ACCA) Job in Lahore
Accounts Assistant Job in Rawalpindi