For many organizations project management is an important part in their business and so the project manager does also have great importance and responsibilities. The project manager has to perform the general management, execution, completion, direction, implementation, and control of different projects related to the business. The project manager ensures the goals, proper company strategy and commitments in all projects with finest quality and reliability. They also supervise the production projects of the company.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Direct the planning and execution of the project.
- Increasing full-scale measurements for different projects.
- Describe the tasks of the projects as well as the necessity of reserves.
- Assembling and coordinating the staff during the whole session of project.
- Deal with the resource allowance of the project.
- Deal with the budget of the project.
- Directing the deliverables of the project along with the use of suitable tools.
- Planning and programming the project timelines.
- Providing support and direction to the team engaged in the scheme.
- Continually accounting and monitoring the project development.
- Guaranteeing the final product of the project and superiority of the work.
- Evaluation and Assessment of project outcomes.
- Overseeing of the problems, solutions and progress of the projects.
- Manage and apply the scheme changes and interferences for having project results.
Skills required for a Project Manager
The project manager holds a special position in an organization. His position is described by a high degree of confidence on organizations over which the executive has a limited or no managerial authority. The project manager has to face different situations like increased complexity of regulatory, project financing, environmental and political issues. All these issues need very special kinds of skills.
The project manager should be able enough to incorporate all ingredients of the project system and give a proper leadership to team members of the project. His or her efficiency will rely on human, conceptual and negotiating skills in addition to a lesser level on technical skills. He must be confident enough to communicate verbally and in writing. Good communication is considered one of the most required skills for a project manager. Visionaries lead the companies for change and give an opportunity to draw new boundaries. So an inspired visionary is the basic required skill for a project manager.
The project manager should also be a decision maker, enthusiastic, empathetic, and competent in his work. He should also have leadership skills with good behavior, team building and problem solving skills.
Study guide to become a Project Manager
The need for Project manager is increasing day by day with the increase of IT in our businesses and different organizations. According to estimation about 80% of the projects fail to meet their goals because of budget and sometimes for the reason of shortage of time.
You will have very little choice to have a certification for Project management. PMP (Project Management Professional) by PMI (Project Management Institute), Project+ by CompTIA. CompTIA Project+, SMP (Software Management Professional) are the recognized certifications not only in Pakistan but globally.