It is not surprising to find a man wanting to return to his old job. This could be probably because he could not get what he had expected to. No matter what ever the reasons may be, it is an accepted fact that new jobs are not easy and can be very tough. They are about starting from the scratch, new employes, new colleagues, new clients, new work environment, new rules and new responsibilities.
In such a scenario it becomes easy to remain part of the old company, where you are accustomed with everything. Same old routine and environment lets you settle back effortlessly.
Although going back will never solve your problems and at times you would want to run away. So, here are a few simple tips which will help you in making a big decision.
- Do an honest assessment: Before making up your mind, sit back and jot down your strengths and weakness. You should be honest with yourself and be honest about the skills you have. Clearly jot down the pros and cons of the present job or any other opportunity you have in front of you.
- Make a plan: It is easy to quit your present job in anger or frustration, but before doing this be sure that you have a back up plan. Make a plan about what you want and then pursue accordingly.
- Be sure you don’t have “buyer’s remorse”: Sit back and pin point as to what is seriously bugging you. It can be your co-workers, your boss, your company, your products, what ever it is first identify and then think of a possible solution. Do not rush in changing the job, making a new strategy might help you in solving your problems.
- Know that the grass is not greener on the other side: You should know that every company has its share of problems, and not every manager is a hero. Everything has its drawbacks. Thoroughly do a research about the company, before rushing and leaving your current job.
- Never be hasty: Avoid making a hasty decision. If you are having problems at your current workplace try talking with your seniors and ask for their help in solving your problem. Think and plan before jumping.