If you are going to find a job then you should groom yourself rather than sitting down and fretting about it. Getting the job depends mainly upon the impression you leave on to your employer. Become well-equipped with the latest techniques and trends.
Following are some of the tactics that can help you in maintaining a positive impression;
- Go for cover letter. According to a survey 91% said that cover letters are very important as they leave a positive image onto the employer.
- Follow up. Do not forget after submitting the resume, try to follow it by calling and talking with the manager. A call definitely leaves behind emails or snail mails.
- Say thanks. Try to show gratitude by writing a thank you note to the manager. Your handwritten note will do wonders which nothing else can.
- Tailor made resume. There is no excuse for submitting the same resume to two different companies. Always alter it accordingly for proving your skill and expertise.
- Resume relics. Be creative while writing your resume. A boring resume full of summaries and stories about the past would not be appealing, whereas a well written one would be more eye catching.
- Manners. Good manners never go waste, they always pay. Try finding out the managers name so that you can address your resume directly to him. Be polite, formal and precise, its all that is required.